Monday, July 28, 2014
It's Zucchini Smackdown time!
The Seville Farm Market Zucchini Smackdown is coming on Saturday, Aug. 16.
The market’s popular annual zucchini cooking contest is now in its sixth year. Contestants are invited to prepare their best sweet or savory zucchini dish and bring it to the market for tasting by celebrity judges. There is also a category for the largest zucchini.
Here are the rules:
1. Entries must be in place by 9:45 a.m. Judging begins promptly at 10 a.m.
2. The zucchini should be grown as locally as possible.
3. There will be two categories for judging the prepared dishes: Sweet or Savory. The largest zucchini will be determined by weight.
4. Please provide the recipe along with your entry.
5. The decision of the judges will be final.
Entry forms are available at the Seville Farm Market coffee table, from vendors, or at the park gazebo the day of the contest.
All dishes will be available for sampling by the public after judging.
The Seville Farm Market is open 9 a.m. to noon each Saturday through Sept. 27 at Seville’s Maria Stanhope Park. Convenient adjacent parking is available at Seville United Methodist Church, 74. W. Main St. The market is sponsored by the Seville Lions Club.