Get out your best zucchini recipes for the Seville Farm Market's annual Zucchini Smackdown cooking contest on Aug. 10. Local “celebrity” judges will choose winners in two categories: Best Savory Dish and Best Sweet Dish. There will also be a prize for the largest zucchini.
Here are the rules:
1. Entries must be in place by 9:45 a.m. Judging begins promptly at 10 a.m.
2. In the spirit of the Seville Farm Market's support of local producers, the zucchini should be grown as locally as possible.
3. There will be two categories for judging the prepared dishes: Sweet or Savory. The largest zucchini will be determined by weight.
4. Please provide a copy of the recipe along with your entry.
5. The decision of the judges will be final.
Entry forms are available at the Seville Farm Market the day of the contest. All dishes will be available for sampling by the public after judging.
Seville Farm Market is open 9 a.m. to noon each Saturday through Sept. 28 at Seville’s Maria Stanhope Park. Convenient adjacent parking is available at Seville United Methodist Church, 74. W. Main St.